Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are as essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies.
- Beautiful (and sometimes funny) Quotes About Babies & Parenting.
- Lucky (The Puppy Place, Book 15)!
- Strategies for Innovators: HHL Open School Case Book.
- Baby meets world : suck, smile, touch, toddle : a journey through infancy / Nicholas Day.?
- The Global Brain Awakens: Our Next Evolutionary Leap?
- Join Kobo & start eReading today?
- Chicago Tribune - We are currently unavailable in your region;
- Ebola: An Evolving Story?
- Cities of Whiteness?
So he went digging for answers. They were not what he expected. Drawing on a wealth of perspectives—scientific, historical, cross-cultural, personal— Baby Meets World is organized around the mundane activities that dominate the life of an infant: sucking, smiling, touching, toddling. Why did he smile, and was he really expressing an emotion when he did so? After failing to find adequate answers, Day delves into the historical, social and personal world of infants to find out why babies do what they do.
Baby Meets World - Suck Smile Touch Toddle: A Journey Through Infancy paperback
He cites some interesting statistics—e. It's our lifeline.
But "even if we are up to our ears in infancy stories—it will never be enough. The story of an infant is as much about the parent as the child, Day notes, and no individual child or adult has the exact same experience as any other.
Shop now and earn 2 points per $1
There was a problem adding your email address. Please try again.
Be the first to discover new talent! Each week, our editors select the one author and one book they believe to be most worthy of your attention and highlight them in our Pro Connect email alert. Sign up here to receive your FREE alerts.